Sunday, August 5, 2012

To the beach and back

The thing about running to the beach is that beach=sea level. Meaning we're going down and then we're going up!! So on crossfitendurance.com they have a twelve week program which coincided with the exact timing of me running the very first Edmonds half marathon in September. I've been following the workout suggestions about half of the time. This week's Sunday workout was:
Run (SUN): 3 x 2M, rest 5:00 b/w reps, hold splits within 5-10 seconds

So I was using a route maker and didn't like the runs I was coming up with when I thought... I wonder how far it is to Picnic Point and back?! Which is one of my favorite beaches around here. Ahhh a perfect 6 miles (which is what 3x2 is right?). We've driven there plenty so I knew it would be a good hill down AND a good hill up so first up? An Eric's Sport Shot!


Ok, now I'm ready. I wanted to stop at the beach so I didn't exactly follow the endurance workout. I ran the 3 miles there at about a 9 min mile pace and then enjoyed the view for a good ten minutes.


So freaking beautiful, I love the northwest! Ok now back up the hill!! Whoa, it was a beast. I stopped at 1.5 miles and walked a bit since I figured I was due a break following the endurance workout and then I kept it pushing. Like I mentioned, I'm a do it yourselfer kind of crossfitter! Made it home and felt great and a little shaky. Topped it off with an Eric's Sport Ade and it gave me just what I needed to feel rehydrated, rejuvenated and ready for the day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment