Monday, August 6, 2012

26.5 lbs today - nothing fits anymore!

I got back on the scale today - what a great feeling!
141.5 lbs!!
That means since my official start date of May 1st I have lost 26.5 lbs.  And since I weighed 172 last september I would say that's a 30lb loss since having all these babies and "letting myself go"!  That totally reminds me of my mom.  The only two pieces of advice she gave when I got married:
1. make sure you communicate
2. don't let yourself go
oh my.  And thats why all the times I tried to lose weight before did not work.  This is the only time I made the decision with my soul - and not with my mind or my memories.  And so here I am - 30 lbs lighter and with nothing to wear!!  Here are all the pants I tried on that do not fit and are off to be donated:


I want to go shopping but not quite ready - I mean I'm still losing!  But in the mean time I keep putting on dresses since that's what fits - well kinda.  I mean they hang on me but they don't have me looking good!  And the other part of me thats not looking good?  That mama pouch that I'm not sure will ever go away.  But I'm going to keep taking these Eric's Sport Shots and working out my DIY crossfit (by the way today's workout from crossfitendurance.com was: Bike 8 x 1/4M with 2:00 spin, holding splits within 2-3 seconds) and watching what I eat and we will see what happens!!  The DH keeps asking what the plans are - how skinny am I planning on getting?!  But I'm feeling good and I'm going to keep on going to whatever happy weight that takes me.  And not for him, or my mom, or anyone else - but just for me - cause I feel good!!
Thanks for sharing in the journey!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful,always! Super inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go hot mama! You're awesome! I can't wait to go shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! And yes Dina you are my go to girl for shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo!!!! I have let myself gain 30 pounds over the past six or so years, and for the first time am trying to lose it. I am doing WW, and going to the gym. It works! I've lost 11 pounds so far, and feel SO MUCH BETTER. Keep up the good work! - Tressa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Tressa!! You keep it up too. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete