Wednesday, August 8, 2012

my DIY WOD - I heart Tabata

The Tabata workout is one of my go to favorites.  And let me preface again - I am in no way certified in crossfit, or personal training, or tabata-ness.  I just google a lot.  But here is a link to explain the Tabata workouts: http://tabatatraining.org
Basically it is 20 seconds of hard working out with 10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds.  You can Tabata anything (although there is some debate on this) so I shall say I Tabata anything.  On the treadmill, or the row machine, or the bike, or this apparently:
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
from crossfit.com
And of course I can't do pull ups so I did those inverted rows again -
And not really looking like this picture, I did them with the kitchen table and after the first three intervals I was just sitting on my butt "pulling up" what I could.  And those push ups were killer!!  After the fourth interval my shoulders were on fire and maxing out after 3 good push ups.  And then I did them on my knees.  But the next time should be better!!  I would like to start recording my reps and times - so hey I will start doing that on this here blog, starting next time.
And I want you to know I was sitting here typing away, getting work done when I googled crossfit WOD, found this Tabata and got busy while watching some Olympic gymnastics.  Just like that - 16 minutes and I was done!!  And helped burn off some of them fries I had earlier.  Til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment