Monday, September 17, 2012

my runner moms and the Edmonds Half Marathon!

I ran the Edmonds Half Marathon!
Last march I ran the Mercer Island half marathon in 2 hours and 45 minutes.  
And at the Edmonds Half?  Well, I killed it!!  
Racing 13.1 miles in under 2 hours, what!?!?


The race felt great, I attacked the hills and sprinted through the finish line.  Those Eric's sports shots gave me the encouragement I needed at just right times.  My 4 year old said I looked like I had a Mario star (you know the ones that make you all rainbow-y and flashy and nothing kills you and you can go super fast!?)  And you know what - thats how I felt!

In fact, as we embark on this new product adventure (it's called hunniwater and you can click here to support us!!) I'm inspired to give it everything I've got too! If I can cut 45 MINUTES off of my half marathon time, I can do anything!  And I'm going to implement the same strategies that got me here.  Finding what works for me and my family.  For me and my priorities.  
And I'll work on it every day, IN THE ZONE!!  Since starting my DIY crossfit and myfitnesspal I would say I've been (mostly) in the ZONE.   And it feels good.  I'd like to think the ZONE is where my actions line up with the goodness of my soul.  Which leads to... all the support that got me here, because that is a huge part of being in the goodness of my soul.  
And it will be a huge part as we embark on our next product!

It was probably just a year ago that I went on my first jog with some fantastic mom friends that have been with me through this whole journey.  I was huffing and puffing and shuffling my way through 2 miles, complaining with every step!  But I leaned on them, they didn't leave my side and they inspired and encouraged me (along with an Eric's Sport Shot!)  We raced the Seattle Half Marathon together last november and I had never pushed myself so hard.  We had a 9 mile run during training where I wanted to quit, to stop, to at least just run down the hill instead of up and have them come get me later!  But they kept pushing me cause they knew I could do it.  They knew I could do it when I didn't think I could.  They believed in me! And all that support and love that I felt helped set me on the path of knowing me, having faith in myself and getting to that goodness of my soul.

Those runs became a sort of therapy, where I get to revel in these beautiful women as we all struggle through kids, partners, friendships and self.  And in that struggle is the support we all need.  Because we are all trying to do the same things, right?  Do good by our kids, our families and our communities - all with love and happiness.

So mom running friends of mine - know you will always hold a special part of my heart for believing in me before I even did.  For always being there for a workout, for wine or for a cry! For helping me get to this place of strength and confidence and enthusiasm - with no complaints!
 For being such a blessing to my life, to the goodness of my soul.  
And for supporting and inspiring me still.


No comments:

Post a Comment