Saturday, October 1, 2011

Running with friends

Training for the Seattle half marathon, I tackled 9 miles yesterday. Last Sunday I did 8 and took the Sport Shot before and the Sport ADE at mile 4. This time I just had the Sport Shot. I took the first two miles a little slower and then felt good until mile 5. I wish I had the Sport ADE to replenish all those electrolytes dripping out of my every pore. We found some water (thank you Corner Bar and Cafe in Perrinville, we promise to actually purchase something next time!) which seemed to kick the Sport Shot in gear and I was back on it and made it the last 4 miles.
Lest I remind you again, I am not a runner and have never been a runner. No muscle memory, no brain memory to lean on as to what 9 miles of running feels like. But now I know - pretty dang painful!! I got home and body went into a small bit of shock. My right calf was all tightened up and my right knee felt like it was buckling with every bend. Kept getting the chills too. But downed a Sport ADE and some water, got in a hot a bath and actually felt pretty good!! And I am gonna try to complain only half as much the next time I go out!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment