Saturday, July 28, 2012

A 25lbs lighter kind of update!

And I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, WHAT!?!
May 1st I loaded the my fitness pal app on my iPhone, entered some goals and got busy in the gym.  So we're at the end of July now and I've lost just under 25 lbs.  I'm actually down to my weight that I was before baby #1!!  Meaning I haven't weighed this in over 8 years.  Wow.
Have been asked quite a bit about how I did it, or am doing it since I'm still in process ;)
First of all, could not have done this without Eric's Sport Shots and Eric's Sport Ade.  Of course I am biased, I helped design the thing.  But with my athlete husband at the helm I think we did an amazing job of putting together essential electrolytes, natural caffeine and vitamins in a great tasting coconut water base.  These shots allowed me to run 2 half marathons and made possible the major transformation I continue to undergo!
Eric's Sport Ade Power Punch, 2-Ounce (Pack of 12)
Eric's Sport Shot Energy Drink, Lime, 2-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Second, I totally changed my workout strategies.  I started looking up crossfit WODs (Workout Of the Day) and trying them out.  My workouts never lasted more than an hour and actually the more I have done the less time they are taking.  I started slow and hesitate to even call what I do crossfit.  More like DIY crossfit.  Like I have never formally taken a crossfit class in my life.  But I have googled them profusely.  And I'm a fast learner.  And I have an athlete of a husband who knows lots of these exercises.  I'll post my workouts and the sites I use.  But I am getting stronger in all kinds of areas and feel great!
My favorite goto WOD generator

Third, I've been holding true to that fitness pal.  I log my calories.  I log my workouts.  And if at the end of the day I have 40 calories to my budget - I don't get my beer or glass of wine!  It made me search for choices that were filling and less calories.  And guess what, those foods are much healthier for you!!  I had some goto ~100 calorie treats.  Like a SB mocha light frappacino.  And maybe a couple diet cokes made their way into my consumption but only a couple.  I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners and colorings and all that nasty business.  But I must stress it wasn't hard to say no.  Not as hard as it had been before.  Like when I tried Weight Watchers and I was literally pissed off at the world for not being able to eat what I wanted.  Which brings me to my fourth...
Fourth, and maybe this should have gone first, is that I wasn't in a defensive or I hate myself kind of mood when I started this.  It was like having that conversation that you need to have but not in the middle of the argument.  It was just a random day and I thought yeah, okay lets do this!  And so thats when the Eric's shots and the crossfit workouts came in.  Because they are so encouraging!!  And so was that scale as I started checking once a week and was 2 lbs lighter each time.  A great moment was when I got under that 150lb cluncker weight thing on the scale - cause they have an old school scale at the Y that I use.  So there we go!!
My example day, i.e. today!
workout - I took DS4 up the hill in the jogging stroller and did a Tabata which is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 8 rounds.  So my interpretation of that is running 20 seconds hard and walking 10sec.  On the treadmill I usually put it at an incline and at 9.5 and run the 20 seconds and then hop to the sides.  Like I said - more of a DIY crossfitter.  And then tonight I did 10 verticle jumps and 10 pushups for 10 rounds.  I was breathing hecka hard by round 8!!  And I earned myself a beer :) which brings me to...
nutrition - had a cup of coffee for breakfast with a banana and special K cereal with lowfat milk.  Lunch was 2 scrambled eggs with pico de gallo and light sour cream on a 100 calorie tortilla.  Around 3pm I had an Eric's Sport Shot and then tackled that Tabata.  Dinner was baked teriyaki chicken and some rice and green beans.  Well lots of green beans, sauteed in a little sesame oil.  was yum!
A day in the life, hope you'll be back for more.

1 comment:

  1. Karin, you are an inspiration! Please be my trainer:).

    ReplyDelete