Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Marshmallow Fondant Awesomeness

DS #3 turned 3 last week and we celebrated with a Mickey Mouse birthday party at the park on Sunday. I found this fantastic fabulous amazing Fondant recipe on allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/marshmallow-fondant/detail.aspx
And decided to go all the way with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake. Here's how it turned out


The name letters across the top had dried on toothpicks but fell off and got soggy in the rainy weather. But the rest of the cake stayed put fantastically!! I loved working with this recipe. One of the comments mentioning coloring the Fondant while heating the marshmallows which I completely agree with. I didn't do so cause I wasn't sure how much it would make and how much I needed of each color. But next time will separate it out. Another tip is to use cornstarch to roll it out on. I didn't have any so just used more confectioners sugar and then more butter if it got a little dry. But really very easy to work with. It's totally like adult playdoh and the best part is it tastes so good!! No peeled off Fondant pieces on the plates, everyone loved it!! I did buttercream frost in between the layers and under the Fondant. Got that excellent recipe on allrecipes.com too. Good stuff!!

Also made a full size cutout of a Mickey Mouse that the kids helped design and paint and a Mickey Mouse head outline PiƱata. Will add to the blog. Was so much fun!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/marshmallow-fondant/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete