Friday, May 6, 2011

Costco Business Center vs. Costco

Aha!! I knew it. And today I finally have the proof!! For years now I have been convinced that there are substantial price differences at Business Costco compared to regular Costco. Just yesterday I bought a 4 pack of Martinellis from the Shoreline Costco for 8 dollars and something cents (will check receipt later and update) And now at Business Costco picking up 60 gallons of honey for our Eric's Famous bottling run tomorrow and what do I find?? Yes that's right, a 4 pack of Martinellis for $7.69!!





Sure it might be a difference of less than a dollar, but we all know how those dollars add up. A good example of this is our sugar purchase through the very same business Costco. It's price for 50 lb bags of pure cane sugar is $31.50 (.63/lb) but it has 25 lb bags for $14.38 (.575/lb) which makes no sense since you are paying less per pound for the smaller amount but whatever. When you need 600 lbs of sugar this price difference adds up fast. The result: Eric gets to empty double the amount of bags of sugar and we save $80. Think of what these small price differences mean to giant companies like Coke and Pepsi? Millions and millions of dollars is what it means - and that is why they are never getting rid of the corn syrup, and why they will continue to cut costs in the name of quality and why price controlling of commodities is a huge part of corporate business and why I am so proud to be a part of a high quality product that you can feel good about drinking!!
Anyways, back to Costco. I actually had been convinced that the prices were higher at the business Costco, so I think this warrants further intel. The next trip to Costco, it's on! I now feel one step closer to my quest to conquer Costco, can you feel my joy?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment